AVIATION HISTORY SITES
- Aviation Museum Lelystad Netherlands -
pioneer hangar at Lelystad airport houses the "Flying Museum" with over 30
- Air Museum Planes of Fame
- American Airpower Heritage Museum
- Arkansas Air Museum - highlights restored
aircraft and replicas from the Golden Age of Aviation.
- Aviation History On-Line Museum - collection
of aircraft images and text of some of the worlds most famous and historic aircraft. The
early years of aviation, construction technology, aircraft engines, the theory of flight
Aero Space Museum@
Warplane Heritage Museum Official Web Site - Canada's Flying Museum. Over 25 aircraft
in flying condition. Lancaster, B-25 bombers, Avro Anson, Beech 18, Argus, Fleet 21, Fleet
Finch etc. Lots of pictures.
- City of Norwich Aviation Museum
- Gatwick Airport Skyview - features a viewing
gallery, static displays, cinemotion rides and 360 surround screen .
Museum of Northern California Aviation - scheduled to open in 1997. Includes
architectural drawings of proposed museum, as well as an online "walking" tour.
- International Women's Air & Space Museum -
contains an online archive of biographies, photos, articles and information about the
museum and its collection. Updated weekly.
- Kansas Aviation Museum - Learn about the
KAM's aircraft, library and other resources and links pertinent to Kansas aviation
history. Make sure to visit the photo gallery!
- Lone Star Flight Museum
- Mid Atlantic Air Museum
- Minnesota Aviation History and Education
of Flight - Seattle, WA - unnoficial site.
- Nanton Lancaster Society and Air
Museum - Aircraft displays including an Avro Lancaster bomber. The museum commemorates
the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan.
- National Aviation Museum
- New Zealand Fighter Pilots Museum -
honours the fighter pilots of both World Wars and presents the aircraft of the Alpine
- Octave Chanute Aerospace Museum
Air and Space Museum - dedicated to the aviation and space achievements of Oklahomans.
- Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome
- Online DC-3 Aviation Museum, The - honoring the
Douglas DC-3, which flew for the first time 60 years ago.
- Svedinos Bil- och Flygmuseum - automobile and
- Western Aerospace Museum
Canada Aviation Museum - aircraft and exhibits, including hands-on interactive
children's section. Facility may be rented for special occasions.
Museum of Flight - near LAX, this Air Museum is home of the YF-23A, YF-17, F-5A, JB-1,
A-4A, XAT-6E, YO-3A, DH-82A, Stinson 108A Voyager, RP-76, RP-5A and many more aircraft.
Air Force & Museum - are dedicated to the restoration and preservation of historic
aircraft and American aviation history.
- Index - Florida's